Friday, September 6, 2019

Peak Coffee


Peak Coffee: Has something else in our world peaked?

OK…so I started noticing a pattern. But it took several decades for me to see it form. 

First there was the tape cassette:



Then there was the floppy disk:



Then there was the memory stick:


Are you detecting a pattern?  It seems than when a technology becomes so common, so pervasive in our society and when companies have squeezed as much juice out of a product as they can, they always seem to be able to squeeze profits out of it one last time by… offering it in a variety of colors.  This tells us the tech has peaked.  And it is probably ready to be replaced by something else.

And so that gets us to Peak Coffee.  I was at the store the other day and this is what I saw:


So, what does this mean?

I don’t think it means that drinking coffee is dead.  What I think this means is that there is another new sophisticated coffee tech that is coming in the near future.

What will it be like?  Not a clue.

Or, I could be wrong and there is NO NEW coffee tech coming.

Who knows?  Maybe the old steel percolator is going to make a comeback.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW ME THE CURRY! Chicken Biryani

Of all the online recipes I've come across, this was the most ambitious one I'd ever taken on.   The multitude of spices and num...