Saturday, March 19, 2016

ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI WITH PARSLEY, TUNA AND LEMON SPIRALIZER

This turned out to be a nice recipe.  I found it in Yummly, but Yummly is such a mess now, I had to finally find it through Bing.


Zucchini Spaghetti With Parsley, Tuna and Lemon


You use something called a "spiralizer".  The "As Seen On TV" brand is great.  It's what I have and does a fine job.  The recipe says to use a "D" blade, but I have no idea what that is.  So, I used a mixture of the thin and thick spiral.  The Pro unit only costs $20.  I really like the fact it's easy to clean.

I always use more parsley than the recipe calls for.  I hate it when the recipe calls for a couple of tablespoon....but you can't buy just two tablespoons of parsley.  Parsley comes in bunches.  LARGE bunches.
Veggetti® Pro Tabletop Spiral Vegetable Cutter

When cooking the spiralized zucchini, the volume shrinks quite a bit.   We used three medium sized zucchinis for a family of three.  It looks like a lot until you cook it.

I try not to overcook the threads so that it doesn't lose so much rigidity, keeping some of its body.

There was some residual liquid, possibly from the tuna.  I sopped it up with a few paper towels before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW ME THE CURRY! Chicken Biryani

Of all the online recipes I've come across, this was the most ambitious one I'd ever taken on.   The multitude of spices and num...