Friday, January 1, 2016

Communism is alive and well in Dresden

Now mind you, this has happened several times.  Everytime I ask someone who grew up in the old East Germany what it was like to live there before the Mauer (wall) came down, everyone of them to a person says this first:

everyone had a job.

Now mind you, I then always want to be snarky and ask "but was it work?" but I am normally a polite person, so I don't.

So, I wasn't surprised to see the Communist Party advertising in Dresden.  They were there in 2005, so why not 2015?


I recall back in 2005/6 a woman stopping by their recruitment booth, castigating the Communists, giving them the what-for.

What is in stark contrast to East Germany, just south of Dresden in Prague, Czech Republic, they have a museum that lays out all the atrocities of Communism.  I still remember the posters around the city advertising the museum.  They showed a petrushka doll with sharp jagged teeth.

This is a photo from Wikipedia.  All my photos are in storage right now.


And here is a youtube video of some advertising in Prague.  The last line is priceless:


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW ME THE CURRY! Chicken Biryani

Of all the online recipes I've come across, this was the most ambitious one I'd ever taken on.   The multitude of spices and num...