But I was surprised and maybe a little dismayed with I saw Roman Meal Bread being sold at the huge Lotte Mart.
Maybe a better word for the change in tastes is "evolution". But there are bumps along the road that I was not fortunate to have to witness. For instance, there is a coffee shop in Seoul called Coffine Garunaru. They sell a....dessert (?) or thing you eat with coffee. It's a large slice, or slices of square bread with toppings of various sorts. It is large. I could barely eat all of one.
To be honest, I wasn't impressed - it was ok. I mean, come on. Bread? What's up with that?
Here is a copy of a photo from the linked website of what one looks like:
The good news is, tastes in Seoul are changing for the better. I'll dig up some photos to show this.


No comments:
Post a Comment