Saturday, March 9, 2013

Waldo's Coffee House

Originally posted September 4, 2012

"Would you like that heated?"  I winced inside.  The death call for a croissant.  I knew then it would not be fresh.

Waldo's is literally a house.  A house that was converted into a coffee, uh, house. It's located right on Heights Blvd on the east side of the esplanade (or maybe it's just a wide medium) where joggers and dog-walkers like to run up and down.

The place was, well, homey.  Tranquil.  I was relaxed....until a worker started hammering a sign on the door post of an adjoining room. "This area closed" for who knows what reason.  But I supposed, hammering doesn't always occur.

The floor looks to have been kept in its original worn condition.  More patina, I guess.

There is a certain polish missing in the place.  I'm looking at a torch lamp that is leaning to the left.  There are stacks of leaflets over by the restrooms.  The choice of artwork needs more work, needs a more discerning eye.

Outside, the neighbor has a pickup truck with one wheel missing.  But that may be temporary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOW ME THE CURRY! Chicken Biryani

Of all the online recipes I've come across, this was the most ambitious one I'd ever taken on.   The multitude of spices and num...