Originally posted August 14, 2012
Right now I'm sitting in what is probably the coolest area of the entire bakery - I mean temperature-wise. The rising sun shines through the large glass windows with nothing to block its rays. It gets a little "warmish" in here. Probably the best time to come here would be during cloudy/rainy days or maybe during the Winter when the sun rises later.
But it is a bakery and because of this, it smells wonderful. And you are right next to all the hustle and bustle of the bakers. Right now I'm watching a baker add texture to the risen dough.
The decor here looks to be more functional with the baking area being the largest part of the decor. There are nine two-seater tables and another two three/four seater round tables. To the left of the serving counter is a large shelf tastefully decorated with items for sale.
There are no croissants here. But I did buy a kolache. It was ok. Nothing special.
Of their variety of breads I was happy to see they had focaccia....but...I didn't like it and it was nothing like real Milanese focaccia. I was so disappointed! There other breads look very nice, but I don't have much of an interest in loaves of bread.
The photo on their website of a calzone doesn't impress me. Fresh calzone when brought to your table in Milan puffs up dramatically. Then as it cools, becomes flat. So, what you are getting is the flat.
I like this place because it is relatively quiet with the low key noises of bread pans being handled. There is a radio playing in the background...but it's for the workers. The short round counter worker is fairly pleasant in a sort of dead-pan way. At least to me. She perks up when regulars come in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SHOW ME THE CURRY! Chicken Biryani
Of all the online recipes I've come across, this was the most ambitious one I'd ever taken on. The multitude of spices and num...
-
This is a tradition at our family during the October/November season when pumpkins are plentiful. The most important thing? Rule #1: Make ...
-
My wife, daughter and I had a wonderful time in Switzerland visiting the small town of Bellinzona just above the Como, Italy a little ways. ...
-
I've never made this, but I found it interesting. I'll have to print a copy for myself to try later. However, it uses something t...
No comments:
Post a Comment